Sunday, 20 December 2009

Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas...


I dare say I will eventually, usually when the festivities are over and looking at it as a memory!


Well, after much moaning and groaning from the kids, I finally got a tree – mind you the moaning didn’t stop because I got a small one (5 feet) which they weren’t too happy about but the bigger the tree the more it protrudes at the bottom, totally encroaching any bit of space in the living room and Christmas displaces too many of the things I want in my living room as it is. My plan was to get a smaller one and put it on a stool which at least means it’s not totally blocking anything in that particular area. My living room, although large isn’t large enough for family gatherings (and that’s just my lot, add a visitor or two and it’s uncomfortable to say the least, add a tree plus all the other paraphernalia and it reduces the floor space more (whose idea was this?!)

We usually decorate the tree to the sound of ‘Now, That’s What I Call Music’ which ever volume is current to relieve the monotony – not that you can tell as I’ve heard most of this stuff played by the usual suspects for the best part of 30 years – every – single – year! This year had to have a different vibe so I decided to seek out my own compilation of new, not so new but not flogged to death songs to launch me into the Christmas season. Even just hearing the same song sung by someone else helped ease my pain although I heard complaints muttered by my lovely children which were easy to drown out by going ‘one louder’! This was the result...


Maroon 5 - Happy Christmas (War Is Over)

Oasis – Merry Christmas Everybody

Sum 41 & Tenacious D – Things I Want

The Darkness – Christmas Time (Don’t Let The Bells End)

Argent – Christmas for the Poor

Rainbow – The Snowman

Razorlight – Fairy Tale of New York

Jethro Tull – Soltice Bells

Queen – Winter’s Tale

The Greedies – A Merry Jingle

Billy Idol – Yelling at the Christmas Tree

AC/DC – Mistress for Christmas

Bryan Adams – Christmas Time

Jon Bon Jovi – Please Come Home for Christmas

Fall Out Boy - What's This

My Chemical Romance - All I Want For Christmas Is You

Joan Jett - Little Drummer Boy

The Fratellis - Lonesome Anti-Christmas Blues

Twisted Sister – Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas


I just keep thinking ‘this time next week it’ll be all done and dusted’ and we can get back to normal – which is how I like it, give me Easter any day!


Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment