Wednesday, 6 January 2010

Seven Impossible Days

Thank heavens that's all over! I hope everyone had a fabulous time. I didn't get Nuno Bettencourt's Ernie Ball Music Man guitar for Christmas which was a tad disappointing but I did get some RAM to take me up to 4 gb, a 1.5 tb external hard drive and a new keyboard amongst lots of other lovely edible and drinkable stuff so I'm happy!

It's snowing AGAIN! What is it with the British weather - first they are telling you about global warming, the next thing you're knee deep in snow... me thinks they are telling porkies! All I know is I shan't be venturing out in it. I got caught once when it snowed whilst I was at work and wanted to get home as quickly as I could but my line manager wouldn't let me go (thanks Jeremy!) and said it wouldn't stick... well it did and I had to drive home in it, which was fine until I had to turn into the road where I park which is a road that has a gradient and I was slip sliding all over the place - not only that, I'd had a hip replacement the previous year and couldn't walk from where I had parked to home - negotiating snow with normal legs is hard enough, add a dodgy hip and a crutch to the equation and it's nye on impossible. Luckily one of my sons had an idea and got a quilt cover to cover the snow whilst I walked on it - it took half an hour to do a less than two minute walk to my house but I got there unscathed and didn't slip once - however, NEVER AGAIN will I venture out if it snows. I didn't book any gigs for January just in case although I do have one in February to see EUROPE at the Shepherds Bush Empire and I'm hoping we will be passed all this by then. I just hate snow with a vengeance! Give me a good freezing cold sunny day and I'm happy but no snow! Although it has been pretty nippy I have to admit to having had the windows open today and even had the fan on last night but that's an age thing! lol The heating is jacked up to 30 degrees but the average temperature in the house is about 18 degrees - don't know how that works...

I might venture to the back door tomorrow and take a picture of the garden just to remind me how horrible this stuff really is!

Anyway, enough of my inane ramblings - I've got some creating to do!

Seven Impossible Days - Mr Big (From the album Big, Bigger, Biggest)

No comments:

Post a Comment