Wednesday, 17 October 2012

As Good As Gold...

The price of silver doesn't look like it's going to go down any time soon so I am introducing other metals into my collections.  The first one I have found is a metal alloy made from 85% copper and 15% zinc which mimics gold without the high cost.  The best thing about it is, unlike rolled or plated gold it won't flake or peel as it's a solid metal in it's own right.

For the last two months myself and my daughter have been testing a few pieces out, wearing them day and night.  It tarnishes on me quite quickly but not at all on my daughter which may have something to do with the chemicals I use when working as I have the same problem with silver.  Luckily it is easy to clean with a jewellery cleaning cloth to retain it's lustre.    If you prefer gold to silver then this may well be the answer!


Compare the 'As Good As Gold' tag with the 9 carat gold ring - pretty hard to tell the difference!

The 'As Good As Gold' range is available on the website now.




No comments:

Post a Comment